Weight loss: Top 5 guilt-free snacking ideas for your next cheat meal | Photo Credits: Pixabay
- Everyone these days is on some or the other strict diet owing to their fitness regimes
- A cheat day has become the new normal and must also be taken quite seriously
- Here are a few snacks that have low calories and make for your perfect cheat day meal
New Delhi: Fitness enthusiasts around the world have developed a new concept which is known as a cheat day. Cheat days are basically the scheduled breaks that one takes from his/her diet routine. These cheat meals are also very important to satisfy your cravings and give you a feeling of fullness and motivation. When you are eating the same kind of food every day, your body needs a chance to keep coping up with the hectic workouts and strict diets. It is natural to treat yourself every once in a while. People don’t generally feel the need for a cheat day in the first few weeks of their diet and fitness routine. But once you are into it for a long period of time, your body starts craving certain foods. Even nutritionists say that a cheat meal is fine if controlled and consumed correctly. You should be smart enough when you are planning your cheat day and your cheat snacks. Cheat meals don’t hurt your diet if you know the correct way of going about them. There are many tasty cheat meal snacks that you can resort to if you are scheduling your to cheat days ahead.
5 cheat meal snacks that won’t hurt your diet:
- Cheese crackers- Cheese crackers are a classic snacking item. They fulfil your craving to eat something tasty without putting on too much weight. These are light snacks that have low calories and can be a good part of your cheat meal if you wish to plan one.
- Pasta- Pasta is another low-calorie snack that can be included in your cheat meal. It is tasty and also provides certain health benefits. You can choose your favourite pasta and add red sauce, white sauce or mixed sauce to it according to your preference. You can also add vegetables and make them more interesting and healthier.
- Sushi- Sushi is rich in carbohydrates and amino acids. It is not only tasty but also healthy for your body. If you are looking for something light and fun, then sushi is your dish. It is not at all oily and makes for a fabulous low-calorie cheat day meal.
- Dosa and idli- South-Indian food like dosa, idli and uthappam is very low in calories and also extremely tasty. This will make a guilt-free cheat meal and satisfy your food cravings perfectly. It is the best combination of food and nutrition.
- Home-made burger- If you are craving a burger, you can easily make it at home. Use multigrain bread and buns for your burger so that the calorie count remains low. You can add your favourite ingredients and sauces to make it tasty as per your preference.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.