Want better-looking skin? Here are 5 ways to include fruits in your skincare routine  |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
New Delhi: When it comes to skincare, it is better to rely on natural ingredients. They are not only budget-friendly and convenient to get but they also ensure the effectiveness of the skincare. You can choose any juicy refreshing fruit depending on their nutrition level. In the current pandemic situation, we are mostly working from home which increases our opportunity to focus on skincare with these natural ingredients. Here are 5 different ways to include fruits in your skincare. Ms Pooja Banga who specializes in the field of Diet and Nutrition shares tips on how you can add fruits in your routine for better skin health.
5 different ways to include fruits in your skincare
- Avocado mask to get that youthful skin: Fresh avocados can be your saviour if you are suffering from flaky and dry skin for a long time. Avocado is rich in natural oils, antioxidants and minerals which help to penetrate deep into the skin. Thus, it hydrates and moisturizes the skin in the desired way. Mash one avocado after deseeding it with one teaspoon of honey and lemon juice each in a bowl. Evenly spread this mixture on your face and leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse the mask off with lukewarm water. To get the desired youthful glowing skin, use it regularly.
- Orange mask to remove blackheads: Citrus fruits like orange contain astringent properties that help in skin tightening and cleaning. They also help to lighten pigmentation, scars and blemishes. Orange juice mask especially helps to remove the blackheads which are basically the mixture of sebum and dead skin cells, clogging the pores. Mix two tablespoons of orange juice with one tablespoon of lime juice. Apply it on the face and neck area for 20 minutes before washing off with cold water.
- Kiwi to rejuvenate dull skin: The exotic fruit, kiwi is packed with the goodness of antioxidants, vitamin C and E. While the antioxidants help to neutralize the flow of free radicals, the vitamins help to rejuvenate lifeless skin. Kiwi also protects the skin from harmful UV rays to prevent harm to existing damage. Kiwi helps to increase collagen production that eventually slows down the signs of ageing. Take the pulp or juice of one kiwi and mix it with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Massage your face with this pack in a circular upward motion. Rinse it off with cold water. It will help to boost the blood flow and make the skin soft.
- Berries to get rid of acne-prone skin: The antioxidant properties of berries are beneficial for eliminating the toxins and dirt from the oily skin. They help to brighten up the skin instantly by lightening the complexion. You can use them in two ways. As these fruits are very gentle, you can use them directly on your skin. You just need to cut them and rub on the skin before washing it off with plain water. In the other process, you can mix the mashed berries with one tablespoon of honey and apply on the face. It will moisturize skin from deep inside.
- Banana mask to remove dark spots: Because of the immense skin benefits of Banana, it is often called “nature’s Botox”. It is loaded with zinc, minerals, irons and vitamins which help to repair dark spots, prevent the appearance of acne and maintain the skin elasticity. You can mix mashed ripe banana with one teaspoon honey, one teaspoon lemon juice and 1/3 cup of rolled oats in a bowl. Apply this mixture on your face and neck area. Wash it off with lukewarm water after 15-20 minutes.
Beauty comes from within. If you treat yourself with a good nutritious diet and plenty of water, it will reflect on your hair and skin. Besides applying the fruits externally on your skin, make sure to add them on your diet daily. It is also important to exercise daily to balance the hormonal balance which plays a pivotal role in maintaining the glowing skin and shiny hair.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a professional healthcare provider if you have any specific questions about any medical matter.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now