PATCHOGUE, NY — A new farmers market will be kicking off in Patchogue this weekend.
The new market will be popping up at the Fantastic Gardens of Long Island on 67 Avery Avenue starting on Feb. 13. The market will be open every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m,
According to Jennette Lotrean, director of Jaylo’s Wine Shop, said that with the pandemic, the past year has been “exceptionally tough” on small businesses especially those who rely on markets to serve customers.
“It’s been tough finding an indoor venue to host us but the Fantastic Gardens of Long Island is an example of ‘small business’ supporting ‘small business,'” she told Patch. “They are providing us with a heated, well-ventilated greenhouse that we’ll be hosting the Farmers Market & Craft Fair in until April, where we will then move outdoors to their parking lot.”
The venue will be following all COVID protocols during the farmers market, which plans to run year-round. Masks will be enforced during the event.
Check out the lineup of vendors below:
- Jaylo’s Wine Shop – will be offering local Long Island wine, wine tasting parties, wine products and custom gift sets, as well as party packages and rentals.
- Señora Pastries – a local home-based bakery based in West Babylon. The owner is a mother of two who hand makes a variety of gourmet brownies, blondies, and fruit pies from scratch.
- Side Hustle Bread – a family-owned and operated bakery that went from baking as a hobby to making over 1,000 loaves per weekend by hand.
- Scents By Diana – a handmade, all-natural brand that sells soy candles, body scrubs and reed diffusers.
- Jess Marie Jewelry Company – an artisan jewelry maker that creates and designs beautiful pieces of jewelry.
- Pon Di Ice – offers shaved ice in Queens and Long Island. They will also make other foods such as kettle corn, mini donuts, waffle pops, and cotton candy all with a Caribbean twist.
- Farm Fresh Potions – provides all-natural, homemade bath products infused with positive energy.
- Mimi’s Wreath Shoppe – provides wreaths for every occasion and holiday with custom wreaths.
- Tender Loving Crafts – sells pottery handmade with love.
- Muffin & James Doggie Bag Treats – provides handmade simple ingredients for clean eating dog treating.
- Jennifer’s Nailed It – provides dry strip nail polish in over 150 colors and designs.
- The Granola Plant – offers homemade, small-batch granola that is always oil-free and processed sugar-free.
- Terranut – provides gluten-free superfood nutrition bars.
- Silvabullet Hot Sauce and Under the Table Hot Sauce on alternating days.
- Le Fusion’s Artisan Spring Rolls.
Customers can also expect market staples and featured food trucks. There will also be an artisan pickle vendor, local farmers with produce and fresh eggs, a local dairy farmer (Mecox Bay Dairy) with fresh cheese and meat and mushrooms through Mushrooms NYC.
For more information, visit the farmers market’s social media: @gardenfarmersmarket.