We live in times when we are always scrambling for time. Even kids these days have so many activities in school, and outside that, we need quick options to make sure that they are getting all the nutrients that they need. So, in addition to their regular diet and intake, adding a healthy drink for kids can be extremely beneficial.
With health drinks like Gritzo SuperMilk that are specifically designed for various age groups and loaded with essential nutrients and the goodness of whey protein, parents stay assured that their little ones do not miss out on any essential nutrients.
Before you buy a kid’s healthy drink, you should know what to look for in them. What does a good nutrient chart look like? Let us find out.
Most Important Nutrients in Kids Health Drinks
The good thing about a healthy drink is that you get a single source of nutrients in the right amount that your child needs. A kids healthy drink is the perfect supplement to your child’s diet to ensure that he or she is getting the recommended daily intake of all the vital nutrients.
When you are buying a product for your child, here are the nutrients that you should look for:
- Protein: This is the most crucial nutrient in any kid’s healthy drink. Protein intake is difficult to maintain, especially if you follow a predominantly vegetarian diet. Add to this; you also have to deal with fussy eaters. That said, protein is the most vital nutrient during the growing years of your little one because it is responsible for all the repair and growth that occurs within the body. For children who are athletic and physically active, especially, choosing a kids healthy drink with good protein content means faster recovery, better strength, and more stamina.
- Carbohydrates: As adults, we tend to think of carbohydrates as a bad thing. However, the fact is that for children and adults alike, carbohydrates are vital. It is one of the macronutrients that the body needs. A kid’s healthy drink that contains a balanced level of carbohydrates provides a reliable source of energy for your child. As you would know, carbs are the fuel that your body requires. It is vital to keep the muscles going, the brain working and to ensure that every cell in the body gets its share of energy.
- Calcium: The bones of children are still developing. It is during these years that giving them a good source of calcium can help make the bones stronger. The first thing that comes to mind when you think about calcium is milk. And, every parent knows the struggle of getting a child to consume milk. A kids healthy drink is a tasty and simple option to make sure that your child does not suffer from any issues related to calcium deficiency.
- Omega-3: For younger children, mostly, omega-3 plays a vital role in brain development. Foods that contain omega-3 like fish may not be part of your regular diet. Of course, it is next to impossible to get your child to consume Omega-3 tablets or capsules. The best and safest alternative is to look for health drinks that contain a fair amount of this nutrient. When you read the labels, you may notice an ingredient named DHA. It is a type of omega-3 fatty acid that is found commonly in a kid’s healthy drink. It is also the most important type of omega-3 fatty acid, especially for children under six years of age.
- Other Vitamins and Minerals: The issue with vitamins and minerals is that there are so many of them that it becomes difficult to include them all in your child’s regular, daily diet. The number of different vitamins and minerals also varies with the kinds of food that we consume. So, the best option is to find a kid’s healthy drink that includes them at the right levels. It gives you a single source of the perfect amount of nutrition support so that you never have to worry about vitamin or mineral deficiencies ever again.
Picking the Perfect Health Drink for Kids
Besides the nutrients that they contain, some other factors also need to be considered when you are buying a kid’s healthy drink. Here are some simple tips that will help you pick the best one for your little one:
- Natural sweeteners are ideal: Products that contain natural sweeteners like cane sugar or stevia are the best options. Avoid artificial sweeteners as they may have several adverse effects on your child’s health in the long run.
- Check for allergens: Allergens like lactose, gluten, and soy might be present in some health drinks. Even a small quantity can trigger a reaction from the body. So, make sure that you keep your child’s food allergies in mind before buying a kid’s healthy drink. If you are unsure of food allergies or haven’t seen any signs, consult your doctor before including any new product in your child’s diet.
- They should be age-appropriate: A kids healthy drink must be formulated as per the age of the child. The nutritional requirement varies with age, as you would know. It is also essential to know that overconsumption of even vital nutrients can lead to health issues. That is why maintaining the right balance is critical. If the health drink chosen by you is age-appropriate, it lends assurance of having the well-calculated and proper balance of nutrients based on your child’s recommended, daily-required, intake recommended for them.
A kid’s healthy drink is perfect for kids who are fussy eaters. It can also help provide the additional nutritional support that your child needs if he or she is too physically active. However, make sure that you combine it with a healthy diet rich in fresh produce to enjoy all the benefits that it has to offer. Gritzo SuperMilk offers you the perfect balance of nutrition and quality ingredients that you are looking for in the health drink for your child. Its delicious taste further makes it your little one’s favorite.
This content is brought to you by Hamza Mumtaz