In today’s time, working out from home has become an everyday thing. And a majority of the people do not like to go to Gym to workout. As GYMs are quite expensive and time-consuming. But on the other hand, the mobile app market has been booming. One can easily download their favorite fitness mobile app and start working out.
Hence, the mobile fitness app market has also become quite a big market. Different companies want to come in and capture the market. So the question is, how to create a workout app or how to create a fitness tracking app in 2021, and the excellent articles written by Topflightapps tells us about it. This article is based on them.
So here we go:
How To Develop A Fitness App In 2021?
Step 1: Choose The Type Of Fitness App
One of the first things that you should do is choose the type of fitness app. Since fitness is a broad niche, you have to narrow down what your fitness app wants to do.
There are quite a lot of fitness apps types such as:
- Workout apps: Workout apps are meant to offer the users a set of exercises and a demonstration of how they should be performed. These apps work more like a personal trainer.
- Diet and nutrition: Diet and nutrition apps are made for those who wish to control their diet. These apps will help users track their food habits and count the number of calories in the body.
- Activity Tracking: Activity tracking is another best category under the fitness app. These apps help the users track their physical activities such as steps climbed, steps taken, sleep quality, calories burned, and distance traveled.
Step 2: Basic Features Of Fitness App
No matter what type of fitness app you are making, all the fitness apps have some standard features. The app should be able to communicate with GPS, camera, Bluetooth, Microphone, Wifi Networks, etc.
Along with that, it must have a simple to navigate user interface. So the customer won’t struggle while using the app.
Talking about the features:
- Your app should enable the users to switch between devices.
- The app should have functions of tracking and searching.
- It should be compatible with different fitness trackers and wearable products.
- The app should also have a geolocation feature for area tracking.
Step 3: Calculate the cost of developing a fitness app.
Once you have defined your app type and its features, you should calculate the cost of developing the fitness app.
Although it is tough to tell how much money you are going to need for your fitness app. Many factors matter for the cost, such as app features, type, and so on; also, the cost depends on the number of developers working on the app.
However, one of the best ways to figure out the cost is to consult with different app development companies. All you have to do is tell them your app idea and ask for an estimation.
If you are a developer by yourself, you need to consider whether you will need a team for your app or manage everything by yourself only. If you need a team, then decide how much money you will need to run your team.
Step 4: Think Of A Revenue Model
The final step is to think of a revenue model for your app. There are a bunch of ways that a fitness app makes money. Most of the app offers its users a premium subscription that gives users access to unlimited features, activities, and fitness content.
Also, there are many free to use apps that use different monetization methods like Google AdMob being one of them.
You can also introduce an in-app purchase where the users will have to unlock features or content by paying some cash.
So that was all for your question that says how to develop a fitness app in 2021. In the end, all I want to say is you have to plan your app right, decide the features and plan how you are going to make your app work, and then focus on the development part.
(Disclaimer: Devdiscourse’s journalists were not involved in the production of this article. The facts and opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of Devdiscourse and Devdiscourse does not claim any responsibility for the same.)