Start your day with a fresh fruits bowl – Know its average calories and nutrition facts  |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- Fruits are a rich source of essential nutrients such as fibre and antioxidants
- A wholesome fruit bowl could be a brilliant and healthy way to start the day with
- Know about the average calorie count and nutrition facts of a breakfast fruit bowl
New Delhi: A fruit bowl is also known as fruit salad. It is a popular breakfast and snack option for many people. People working on weight management plans focused on weight loss often prefer the consumption of fruits and vegetables as they are extremely healthy and offer immense health benefits. The preparation of fruit bowl vary, as depending on the type of fruits used, the calorie count varies as well. Fruit juices are often drizzled on top of the fruit salads to enhance the flavour of the bowl. Here is some information on the nutrition facts and average calories in a fruit bowl.
Average calories in a fruit bowl
The fruits used in an average fruit bowl consists of fruit varieties such as bananas, apples, berries, grapes and pineapples. The average calories in a fruit bowl (160 g) ranges from 95 to 100.
Nutrition facts of a fruit bowl
The nutrition facts of a fruit bowl are as follows:
|Dietary fibres||3.3 g|
Is a fruit bowl healthy?
Fruit bowls are a healthy breakfast option. They are full of nutrition and can provide the body with the required energy. Furthermore, they are easy to prepare, which makes them an amazing snack option as well.
Tips to make the fruit bowl healthy
The calorie count in a fruit bowl will differ according to the type of fruit used. Here are some tips you can follow to make your fruit bowl healthier than it already is:
- Add nuts to the bowl to add some extra fibre to the bowl.
- Instead of using sugar to enhance the sweetness of certain fruits, add lime juice or honey as a replacement.
- Add filling fruits like banana, kiwis and apples to make sure you do not get pangs of hunger at an odd time.
- Add as many varieties of fruits as you wish to reap the benefits and nutrities from each.
Picking fruits could be overwhelming as each fruit comes with its respective calorie count. Make sure you pick the ones you like because, at the end of the day, it is the happiness and satisfaction that will linger.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.