Know your dessert – here is the calorie count and nutrition facts of chocolate mousse   |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- In ancient times, chocolate was considered to be a luxury
- Desserts are often known to put a delicious end to any meal
- Chocolate mousse is a popular, easy to prepare dessert recipe. Know how many calories it contains, and how it can affect your weight loss plans
New Delhi: In the list of comfort foods arranged in descending order, chocolate probably ranks first. From cakes to cookies and milk to dark, there are numerous varieties of recipes that use chocolate as their main ingredient. Chocolate is a byproduct of seeds found on cacao trees, found commonly in parts of South and Central America. Since ancient times, chocolate has been held in high regard due to its distinct flavour and caffeine characteristics. An interesting fact about chocolate is how the Aztecs used cacao beans as a form of currency. The main ingredient of the chocolate mousse is chocolate. However, do you know how many calories you consume with chocolate mousse?
Calories in chocolate mousse
The general ingredients of a chocolate mousse include chocolate, whipped cream, sugar and butter. This makes up for about 450 calories given the quantity is 200 g.
The nutrition facts of a chocolate mouse are as follows:
|Monosaturated fat||10 g|
|Saturated fat||18 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||1.8 g|
|Dietary fibres||1.2 g|
How can you burn calories consumed with chocolate mousse?
Although calorie intake depends on the personal intake preference, 450 calories can be a significant amount of calorie intake through dessert alone. You can burn 450 calories in the following ways:
- 70 minutes of cycling
- 125 minutes of walking
- 50 minutes of jogging
- 40 minutes of swimming
Health benefits of chocolate mousse
The benefits offered by chocolate mousse is derived directly from the presence of chocolate as its main ingredient. A few pros of chocolate include:
- It works as a mood booster
- It is rich in antioxidants and is good for the skin
- It improves circulation of blood and is good for the heart
- It is also a source of iron, manganese and fibre
- Consumption in moderation can help manage weight.
Tips to make chocolate mousse healthier
Replacing ingredients that add calories to the recipe can result in lowering of the calorie count of the dessert. Here are some modifications you can make:
- Replace the butter with a healthier ingredient like avocado that can add a creamy texture to the mousse
- Replace milk with healthier alternatives such as almond milk
- Instead of using sugar to add sweetness to the mouse, you can include honey as the replacement ingredient
- Top the mousse with juicy berries and fruits to add antioxidants to the dessert.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now