Want a treat that’ll satisfy your sugar cravings whilst giving you a hit of protein and fibre? Look no further than these sticky date protein cookies.
These sticky date protein cookies are golden and crispy on the outside whilst chewy and soft in the middle.
They have zero added sugar and are bursting with natural sweetness from the superfood dates and banana.
The salted caramel protein not only tastes delightful, but it’s a simple and effective way to incorporate more protein in your diet. Protein has many benefits including reduced cravings and the combination of high fibre oat flour and energy boosting banana makes them an ideal balanced snack.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter to read more stories like this.
Sticky date protein cookies
Makes 5 cookies
- ½ heaped cup traditional rolled oats
- 2 tbsp vegan salted caramel protein (my favourite is from Body Science)
- 1 tbsp almond meal
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 banana mashed
- 2 heaped tbsp natural peanut butter
- 4 Medjool dates roughly chopped (tip: soak in boiling water for a few minutes to soften)
- Optional melted dark chocolate for drizzling and decorating
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
2. Line a tray with baking paper.
3. In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients – oats, salted caramel protein, almond meal, baking powder, coconut oil, mashed banana, peanut butter and dates.
4. Mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Roll 1 x heaped tbsp per cookie in a ball.
6. Place cookies on a tray and bake for around 20-25 mins or until golden and cooked though.
7. Option to decorate with melted dark chocolate.
Tamika Datson is a health and wellness publicist, recipe creator, and blogger. Follow her on Instagram @thenourishedbite.